PAID GALLERY INTERNSHIP
We are looking for an individual with a passion for contemporary art to join the gallery for a paid internship. If you are enthusiastic about a career in the art world, come and work with us to learn all about how a contemporary gallery runs.
You will work directly with the gallery director to assist with all aspects of running the gallery.
Key areas you will work on are:
- Greeting clients to the gallery and assisting them with learning more about the art on display. There will also be an opportunity to learn about sales.
- Working on the gallery website to add details of new art works, create texts about the artists and exhibitions
- Learning about and assisting with gallery display and presentation
- Learning about art handling and assisting with packing art works for shipping
- Opportunity to work on gallery social media and newsletter
- Assist with hosting gallery promotional events
The internship will be based in the gallery in Oxford and you must be available to work on scheduled Saturdays. Please do not apply if you are unavailable to work on this day of the week.
We appreciate that this role may be attractive to someone on a higher level degree course. It will suit part-time hours; we are willing to discuss how these will be spread over the week, the days agreed are to be whole days. The gallery opening hours are 10-5.30pm Tuesday – Saturday and we start at 9.30am. The internship will initially be for a period of 3 months
Please apply with a covering letter and CV to gallery director Sarah Wiseman email@example.com
Closing Date Friday 14th October